Hexham 0100hrs (Sunday)
Newburn 0600hrs (Sunday)
Finish 0900hrs (Sunday)
If you want to run together with a partner then you can enter a team of 2 as a pair entry and save £20 on the solo price. Paired entries must be purchased at the same time and you will receive an individual time.
Water. Ensure you have enough to get you to the next Pit Stop.
Sports Ration Pit Stop Bars – Yummy flapjacks.
Sports Rations Isotonic Energy Drink.
Salty snacks such as crisps and peanuts.
A fruit option: Either oranges or bananas.
Sweets – such as Haribo and Skittles.
A variety from sandwiches, pastries and cakes.
Hot drinks will be provided at Pit Stops from Cawfields onwards.
Our Pit Stops are there to help supplement any personal sports nutrition plan you may have. If you have any special dietary requirements then please plan for this and pack your kit accordingly and use the Bag Drop system to ensure you have supplies that suit you. Rat Race aim to offer Pit Stop snacks that are tasty and functional for as broad a mix of needs as possible. We have options available that are suitable for vegetarian and vegans and availability of this will depend on demand. If peanuts are served these will be in individual portion bags to reduce the chance of contamination but Rat Race cannot guarantee that the food does not contain contamination from allergens such as nuts or gluten in its preparation or serving.
Please take care when consuming food with dirty hands. Please please please take care with litter and help us in our aim of leaving our venues and routes tidier then we find them. If you want to use Sports Rations products in your training and preparation they can be purchased at www.ratracestore.com
Checkpoints are in addition to Pit Stops that act as enhanced marshal points that enable us to check you through or you can alert the marshal if you are in difficulty. Checkpoints are just to grab a quick drink and a handful of sweets. Water is available by the cup and this is NOT the spot to refill bottles or hydration bladders.
- Running shoes (or walking boots). Road running shoes will suffice if conditions have been reasonably dry.
- Hydration bladder and/or water bottle – minimum 1000ml capacity but we recommend up to 2 litres subject to your personal needs with the forecast weather.
- Basic First Aid Kit containing at least:
- a triangular or conformable roller bandage,
- assorted adhesive dressings including at least one 100mm x 100mm
- separate sterile absorbent material (eg gauze or gauze bandage).
- Spare Food minimum of 100kcals of nutrition to be carried at all times
- Water/Fluids – participants may not leave a pit stop carrying less than 1000ml (this may be increased if the forecast is hot and dry)
- Full windproof/showerproof body cover
- Survival bag or blanket
- Fully charged mobile phone, Money (around £10), Event Organisers Course & Medical Contact Numbers – These will be provided to you at registration within the printed Essential Event Information Document.
You must carry the additional items below on departure of the Cawfields Pit Stop, in preparation of the dark zone:
- Rear red light, or reflective patch (min 10cm x 2cm or equivalent area).
- Spare headtorch batteries or back-up light source
- Small Rucksack or BumBag
- Headgear (sun, wind and rain)
- Gloves (good for if you stop and cool)
- Additional upper body thermal layer
- Waterproof layers
- Sunscreen (hopefully)
- Blister treatment kit
- Some form of identification