CHALLENGER CAMPING, GLAMPING AND PRE-PITCHED TENT OPTIONS
Our Bardon Mill venue is the junction between day one and two for the Challenger class. Here will have our start/finish line, campsite, supporter car park, and your overnight bag collection point.
Glamping B&B at our overnight stop
At our Challenger overnight stop on Saturday night, all Challengers are reunited with their overnight bag and have access to our heated Beerstalker marquee with bar menu and hearty food (including wood-fired pizza) available for purchase.
Accommodation is NOT included in the event entry fee and participants have the choice to arrange their own accommodation or take one of our ‘Glamping B&B packages’. Our general camping is now sold out.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE A NOISE CURFEW IN THE CAMPSITE BETWEEN 11PM AND 5:30AM. CAMPSITE GENERATORS WILL BE TURNED OFF AT 11PM AND TURNED BACK ON AT 5:30AM. Some refrigeration generators will be on near the main marquee so best bring some ear plugs if you are a very light sleeper.
Join us under the stars in our super-convenient glampsite right next to the bar and start/finish line.
What’s included in the ‘Glamping B&B’ packages? All our glamping options include the following:
- 1 night stay at Bardon Mill
- Breakfast buffet access. Includes self-service hot drinks, toast, cereals, porridge and toppings. Hot rolls available to purchase with meat, egg and vegan options on the menu.
- Camping passes. One per bed booked. For access to camp site facilities and breakfast buffet.
- Electric supply in each tent: To bring safe 230V power to your appliances. Keep your gadgets charged.
- Mattresses: Highly insulating single 10cm thick Vango camping mattresses with 10cm thickness; offering comfort, support and warmth.
- Bedding per person: fitted sheet, duvet, duvet cover, pillow, pillowcase, sleeping bag, sleeping bag liner. Snugness guaranteed.
- Access to the camp site’s showers and toilets.
- Post-run food and drink available for purchase. 2019 menu featured wood-fired pizza, pasta, rice and grill dishes with meat, vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free varieties.
- BELL TENTS ONLY: Electric 1000W instant fan heater to keep you cosy.
PLEASE NOTE: Our campsite cannot accommodate any vehicles including cars, trailer tents, campervans or caravans. A supporters car park is in a nearby field. The campsite is strictly no dogs.
MAXIMISE YOUR OVERNIGHT EXPERIENCE AT OUR CHALLENGER BARDON MILL CAMPSITE WITH OUR GLAMPING AND PRE-ERECTED TENT OPTIONS.
The sleeping configuration is at your choice using our flexible single mattresses that you can position to your preference on arrival. Rat Race The Wall Bell Tent packages are available in the following layouts:
4 person with mattresses and bedding CLICK HERE TO BOOK
Sleeps 4. Includes electric sockets, heater, 4 mattresses and bedding.
5 person with mattresses and bedding CLICK HERE TO BOOK
Sleeps 5. Includes electric sockets, heater, 5 mattresses with bedding and pillows, and porch.
Notes and terms:
Upon arrival you will be checked into your bell tent by our camp site staff. They will ask you to complete a check-in form and pay a credit card damage deposit of £100. The £100 damage deposit will be returned after the checkout inspection. Bell tents have a no smoking, no vaping and no pets policy. A charge may be made to the bill payer if careless customer usage requires bell tents to be repaired or deep cleaned.
Our Vango dome tents are designed for up to 3 regular campers but we use them for solo or pair options. These dome tents have enhanced stability and superior fabrics that are waterproof and fire retardant for a dry, safe and comfortable camping experience.
These tents have been weather and fire tested to the European standard EN5912. Our two-person dome tent an additional porch area ideal for storing kit.
Luxury tunnel tents –For parties of 4 or individuals in their own pods. CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONE OF OUR LUXURY DOME TENTS.
Our Vango AirBeam tunnel tents are designed for up to 8 regular campers but we use them for up to 4 people.
This is a generous sized tent can be used as 2 large bedrooms or sub-divided into 4 ‘pods’ using a removable divider. With or without the dividers, the tent retains a large central living area in the middle with plenty of space for kit and head clearance. Our solo pods are available in shared same-sex tunnel tents.
These tents have been weather and fire tested to the European standard EN5912. CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONE OF OUR AIRBEAM TENTS.
Videos and images are used for illustrative purposes.